- How many bottles of Heinz Ketchup are sold around the world each year?
Over 650 million bottles of Heinz Ketchup are sold around the world in more than 140 countries, with annual sales of more than $1.5 billion.
- How many single-serve packets of Heinz Ketchup are sold around the world each year?
Heinz sells 11 billion single-serve packets of ketchup per year around the world. That's 2 packets for every person on earth.
- At what speed does ketchup exit the iconic glass bottle?
Ketchup exits the iconic glass bottle at .028 miles per hour. If the viscosity of the ketchup is greater than this speed, the ketchup is rejected for sale.
- What was H.J. Heinz's first product?
Although ketchup is the most famous Heinz product today, when Henry Heinz started the Company in 1869, his first product was bottled horseradish made from his mother's own recipe.
Ketchup didn’t come along until seven years later in 1876.
- What does the “57” stand for in Heinz’s famous slogan, “57 Varieties?”
While riding a train in New York City in 1896, Henry Heinz saw a sign advertising 21 styles of shoes, which he thought was clever. Although Heinz was manufacturing more than 60 products at the time, Henry thought 57 was a lucky number. So, he began using the slogan "57 Varieties" in all his advertising. Today the company has more than 5,700 products around the globe, but still uses the magic number of "57."
- What was the origin of the Heinz pickle pin?
Henry Heinz attracted traffic to his 1893 Chicago World's Fair booth by offering a free gift— a small green pickle charm, which later became a pin. The pickle pin is one of the most famous merchandising giveaways in history and has become a popular collectible.
- What's the best way to get Heinz ketchup out of the iconic glass bottle?
To release ketchup faster from the glass bottle, apply a firm tap to the sweet spot on the neck of the bottle— the "57." Only 11% of people know this secret. Now you're "in-the-know."
- How many CEOs has the H.J. Heinz Company had since 1869?
- Henry J. Heinz
- Howard Heinz
- Jack Heinz
- Burt Gookin
- Tony O'Reilly
- Bill Johnson
- Name 5 of the top 15 Heinz brands around the world.
- How many tons of tomatoes does Heinz use in a year?
The H.J. Heinz Company uses more tomatoes than any other company in the world. Over two million tons of tomatoes are processed every year. They are used in ketchup and other delicious Heinz products such as Classico pasta sauces in the U.S., Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup in the U.K. and Heinz Sunshine tomato-based fruit drink in Europe. Heinz also uses tomatoes to create custom tomato-based sauces for restaurants around the world.
- What makes Heinz tomatoes different than any other tomato?
Only the very best can be called a Heinz tomato. Heinz produces its own hybrid tomato seeds through traditional breeding techniques, ensuring superior quality taste and nutrition. We supply 6 billion hybrid tomato seeds to farmers that grow our crops, which produce firm tomatoes that remain ripe longer, are disease-resistant and help give our ketchup its thick, rich taste.
- How many cans of baked beans does Heinz sell every day in the U.K. alone?
- In the U.K., Beanz Meanz Heinz.
A staggering 1.5 million cans of Heinz Baked Beans are sold every day in the U.K.
- What is the origin of Beans on Toast?
In 1927, a Heinz executive was thinking about ways to sell more baked beans and created a national dish— Beans on Toast, introducing the idea of having beans for breakfast as well as dinner. It's a tradition that has stood the test of time in the U.K.
- What is a “Plasmon” baby?
- Italians refer to a healthy baby as a "Plasmon baby" because Plasmon baby food is synonymous with superior taste and quality. It was the first baby food to incorporate a milk protein derivative that fortifies foods and adds nutrition enrichment called Plasmon, the namesake for the brand.
- What is a Wattie?
Wattie's is a big name in New Zealand and the Pacific Rim. We market Steam Fresh vegetables, infant foods, soups, convenience meals and many other delicious foods under the Wattie's brand name.
- How many pounds of potatoes does the average American eat?
- The average American eats over 130 pounds of potatoes a year! The leading brand of frozen potatoes in the U.S. is Ore-Ida, a member of the Heinz family of brands since 1963. Americans buy about 1 billion pounds of Ore-Ida potatoes a year, including new microwaveable breakfast and roasted varieties.